Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sarah Palin - Queen of Fools

Sarah getting her hair sprayed...
We've all heard Bush the younger's infamous misstatement: "There's an old saying in Tennessee, I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee that says, 'Fool me once... shame on, shame on you.  [But] fool me, can't get fooled again."

Of course, the old saying really goes like this:  "Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me."

If there's one thing that really burns my oatmeal, it's getting fooled.  I'm not talking about April Fool's pranks, or any good-natured ribbing.  I'm talking about being fooled by someone who calculates what they are doing and plays me for the fool with malice intent.  Or, let's say, with premeditated purpose that essentially says, "Screw you, I'm going to do and say what I need to in order to advance my own agenda."

Those who are regular readers of H&HT know that Sarah Palin has fooled a lot of people into thinking she gave birth (in miraculous fashion) to a Down Syndrome child. Her acidic and avid lawyer has never (not once!) called anyone out for saying so. Sarah Palin has fooled countless thousands of devout ultra-Christians, winning their support, for this massive foolery.  There are too many links to list that show how she's pulled the wool over the eyes of her slavering minions (yes, C4P people, talking to you...).

Here are some other ways Sarah is fooling and continues to fool people.
  1. Climate change
  2. Resigning, mid-term, from the Alaska governorship in order to work for Alaska
  3. Selling that jet on E-Bay
  4. Being a champion of women
  5. Pretending to run for office (POTUS) in order to garner funds for SarahPAC  (here, and here, and here)
The folks who believe in Sarah keep sending her Fund Trust money and her PAC money. Maybe they even send her money directly.  Maybe they don't realize that she is no longer "just like them..."  She owns several properties, several houses, a Cadillac, she gets paid twice as much for a single speech as most families earn in a single year.  She has a plane, lots of snowmobile toys, a gig on Fox television, private jets to shuttle her around, and she's playing to weaknesses and fears in middle America.  Plus she gets someone to apply hairspray.  I can't even imagine that.

She's fooling many, and she keeps trying to fool more.

When you realize someone is fooling you, how do you feel?  I feel totally sucky about it, so bad in fact that I can imagine someone denying what has become obvious truth in order to preserve my own sense of not-suckiness...!

We each must always guard against foolers.  Sarah Palin happens to excel at it.  Take note.  Otherwise, shame on you.
blog comments powered by Disqus