Thursday, April 29, 2010

Inspiring Violence Is More Like It

Time has announced the most influential people of 2010 in their top 100 list.  Glenn Beck, age 46, comes in at #40 of 200 with a little over 15,000 votes.  Apparently Sarah Palin, former half-term governor of Alaska and currently half-witted celebrity was asked to write a blurb on the Beckster in which she stated (bolding mine),
Best of all, Glenn delights in driving the self-proclaimed powers-that-be crazy. Though he sometimes dismisses himself as an aw-shucks guy or just a 'rodeo clown,' he's really an inspiring patriot who was once at the bottom but now makes a much needed difference from the very, very top.

Serpent Beck and Ice Queen Palin - two peas in a bloody pod
Well, this inspiring patriot not only has a TV show but also a radio show and if you ask me, what he's been inspiring over our public airwaves is anything but patriotism -- unless of course you think being a patriot means inciting fellow Americans to carry out violence against those with whom you politically disagree.

Here's Glenn not so long ago (video), screaming about killing a member of Congress with a shovel:
I've been sittin' here for the last few minutes trying' to come up with a list of people that I wanna kill with a shovel!  People that I want to whack over the head with a shovel!

Let's light 'em up and shoot 'em in the head!

People we'd like to beat to death with a shovel: Charlie Rangel!!
And then here's Glenn again (video), vividly imagining himself killing Michael Moore by strangulation:
I'm thinking about killing Michael Moore, and I'm wondering if I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it. No, I think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and I could just be choking the life out -- is this wrong?
If this is patriotism, or inspirational in any decent, honorable, 'common sense' sense of that word, then call me unpatriotic.

Sarah of the supposed fine family values, do you really condone this sort of over-the-top rhetoric?  This sort of shock jock insanity?  Is this what you want your children to listen to?  Has life been so cruel to you that you find it necessary to stroke the ego of this madman to climb the popularity ladder?  He thinks you belong back in the kitchen, you know.  (See video at YouTube.)
blog comments powered by Disqus